|Bat Mitzvah Crashers||Gallery||Transcript|
After going to Penny's neighbor Zanni's Bat Mitzvah, both Bessie and Penny get the urge to go to other Bat Mitzvahs around San Francisco. They continued until they were late for a meeting, and consequently marked as absent, to Bessie's horror (she had never missed a meeting prior to this).
At "8:30 o' clock", Bessie urged Penny to go with her, with Bessie telling Penny this will be their last Bat Mitzvah, a last hurrah of sorts. Convinced, Penny and Bessie proceed to enter Chelsea's Bat Mitzvah with the help of The Hippie, Happy and Ben.
The duo proceed to enjoy the festivities, that is until they witness Chelsea yelling at her cousin for sitting at the head table, causing Portia to cry. Concerned, Bessie and Penny both rush to Portia to counsel and comfort her.
In doing so, however, they were spotted by Chelsea. She chases after the three for crashing her Bat Mitzvah, with Bessie, Penny and Portia trying to avoid her. Chelsea becomes close to catching the girls until a giant snowball falls on her, courtesy of Ben. Portia gets back at her cousin by saying "Hey, Chelsea! Your hair's, like, totally freezing!"
Now at home, the girls are enjoying coffee and cookies at Hilary's Café. In the end, Bessie and Penny swear to never go to another Bat Mitzvah ever again, that is until Hilary informs her daughter that Bessie's Honeybee Big Sister has invited her to her own upcoming Bat Mitzvah. Penny and Portia each assure Bessie it's different if you're invited as the episode ends.
|Dannah Feinglass||Penny & Zanni|
|Grey DeLisle||Portia & Girl 1|
|Dee Bradley Baker||Elderly Man & Boy|
|Sarah Thyre||Mary Frances Gibbons|
- Penny meets a man she calls "Grandpa" (but isn't actually her grandfather, as he believes Penny is his granddaughter Barri) at two separate Bat Mitzvahs, one of which being Chelsea's.
- Bessie states she never missed a Honeybee meeting before.
- The girls go to Bat Mitzvahs for other girls named Leslie, Barri and Tolie.
- Bessie and Penny didn't earn any badges in 2 weeks since they started going to Bat Mitzvahs.
- Bessie mentions the Homebody badge, which entails wearing sweatpants and watching television.
- Portia appears to be annoyed by the Honeybee oath.
- Penny sleeps with a rubber chicken in place of a stuffed animal.
- The Hippie owns a 1970s-esque van as well as a wooden guitar.
- Bessie's "Honeybee big sister" is named Sarah Sivowitz.
- The episode's title is a reference to the 2005 film Wedding Crashers.
- Chelsea's voice actress, Jessica Chaffin, wrote this episode.
- When it premiered, "Bat Mitzvah Crashers" was watched by 5.8 million people.
- Production code for this episode is 107B.
- The animatic for this episode is available to watch on the We Got the Bee! DVD.
- Character designer Bryan Arnett was nominated for an Annie Award for his work on this episode.
- Co-creators Cynthia True and Erik Wiese each claimed this to be one of their favorite episodes.
- Turner, Cynthia (May 23, 2008). Cynthia Turner's Cynopsis - Cyn Kids 5/23/08. Cynopsis: Kids!. Retrieved December 23, 2020. Archived via the Wayback Machine.
- Gase-Baker, Jenny (May 24, 2008). (no title). BlogSpot.com. Retrieved May 8, 2020.
- Moody, Annemarie (December 1, 2008). Annie Award Nominations Announced. Animation World Network. Retrieved October 14, 2020.
- NYCC 08: The Mighty B! Panel. April 21, 2008. Geekanerd (BlogSpot.com). Retrieved May 27, 2021.