Laters, Portia. You are so officially not my cousin.
Just like Portia, Chelsea too is a valley girl. Very demanding and pampered, she is shown to be even meaner than her cousin Portia, scolding her for simply sitting at "the head table." Mirroring her cousin's obsession with gelato, Chelsea greatly enjoys raspberry frozen yogurt (however, she strongly dislikes strawberry flavored yogurt).
Despite her cruel behavior towards Portia, Chelsea is somewhat merciful in "Dragonflies," allowing the Honeybees a shot at reclaiming the Recreation Center after it was taken over by the rival Dragonfly scout troop. In that episode, Chelsea is working during the summer as an intern and served as lifeguard at the Recreation Center. She is voiced by Jessica Chaffin.
Chelsea is a very spoiled, bossy, mean, harsh and narcissistic girl. As seen in the episode "Bat Mitzvah Crashers", she commands her cousin Portia to arrange her Bat Mitzvah and states she will look down on Portia if she fails even with the tiniest of things. Chelsea threatens to fire her own mother if she doesn't make mini egg rolls for her Bat Mitzvah.
During the Bat Mitzvah, her true colors show when she coldly scolds Portia for sitting at the head table, making her cry. She chases after her, Bessie and Penny when the latter two crash her Bat Mitzvah. Chelsea gets a comeuppance of sorts when, while at a snow-themed area of her Bat Mitzvah, she becomes completely covered by a huge snowball.
Despite her mean demeanor, Chelsea has morality and was a little merciful towards the Honeybees in the episode "Dragonflies". Although she sees the Honeybees in her report book, Chelsea gives them a chance to regain their meeting place from the Dragonflies. She has both troops compete in the "Chelsea Challenge," with the winner receiving reservation rights to the Recreation Center. Chelsea reveals just before the challenge begins that she was once a Dragonfly herself.
When the Honeybees won the "Chelsea Challenge", Cherry protested their loss and pointed out that Chelsea was a former Dragonfly, but Chelsea firmly replies, "Was. Past tense. And back in my day, we played rough. But not dirty", leaving the Dragonflies in shock and in angst.
Chelsea is a light-skinned pre-teen/teenage girl who has blonde hair and light blue eyes. She wears a blue dress with a white stripe, light brown snow boots and red lipstick in addition to having freckles on her cheeks. Like all of her family members, Chelsea has an overbite.
|105a||"Bat Mitzvah Crashers"||Speaking role|
Chelsea also makes an appearance in the online game Chelsea's Challenge, at the very end of the game.
- Anyone playing dirty or cheating
- Honeybee Scouts
- Bessie Higgenbottom
- Penny Lefkowitz
- Millie Millerson
- Her Brother
- Richard and Dick Gibbons
- The Beavers
- Benjamin Higgenbottom
- Happy Walter Higgenbottom
- The Dragonflies
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Main article: Chelsea Gibbons/Gallery
- Chelsea is Jewish, having celebrated her Bat Mitzvah in "Bat Mitzvah Crashers."
- Her family is evidently wealthy, as her Bat Mitzvah was quite extravagant.
- Chelsea's favorite flavor of frozen yogurt is raspberry. Conversely, she hates strawberry and even gags after eating it.
- Knowing that she was a Dragonfly at one moment can sum up to her mean demeanor. However, she scolds the Dragonflies for cheating in "Dragonflies," showing even Chelsea has morality.
- Her voice actress, Jessica Chaffin, wrote both episodes in which Chelsea appeared.
- In Conservative and Orthodox Judaism, a girl celebrates her Bat Mitzvah when she turns 12 years old. However, in Reform Judaism, girls typically hold their Bat Mitzvah at 13 years of age.
- Perlmutter, David (May 4, 2018). The Encyclopedia of American Animated Television Shows. Page 391. Rowman & Littlefield. International standard book number 9781538103746.
- UCB Presents 'Ronna & Beverly' With Guests Bob Sagat, Jack Davenport 4/30. April 19, 2010. Broadway World. Retrieved July 6, 2020.