The Honeybee Scouts is a scout group for girls ages 7 to 12 years old (as revealed in "To Bee or Not To Bee,") much like Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts, who partake in various activities and strive to achieve badges. Miriam Breedlove is the current president of the organization.
The Honeybee Scouts program is quite similar to Girl Scouts, where scouts do activities to earn badges. The activities vary greatly, some being as simple as typing to much stranger like the Chicken Pox badge (earned by having been sick with the Chicken Pox).
There are two known Honeybee troops: 828, of which Bessie and her friends are members, and 787 (Sissy's troop), the latter based in Boston, Massachusetts. Mary Frances Gibbons, Portia's mom, is the Honeybee Troop Leader for Troop 828.
Meetings are held at their own huge Honeybee meeting room with a pool. The scout chant that most Honeybee Scouts say is:
Sisterhood, Sisterhood, the most important thing!
We've got the honey and the sting!
Though some Honeybee Scouts don't follow a set uniform, like Portia and Gwen. The standard uniform for Honeybee Scout consists of a hat (brown and a gold circle with the Honeybee Scout symbol in the circle), yellow blouse, and a sash (to hold badges).
Some scouts wear regulation bobby socks and black shoes.
Honeybee Troop 828
Three background honeybees are nameless, thus they are listed here:
List of Honeybee Scout Badges
Badges seen on the show
- The Mad Scientist Badge (Artificial Unintelligence)
- The Chicken Pox Badge (Apoxalypse Now)
- The Animal Appreciation Badge (So Happy Together)
- The Happy Camper Badge (Bee Afraid)
- The Origami Badge (Doppelfinger)
- The Young Entrepreneur Badge (The Apprentice)
- The Ta-Da Badge (Hat Trick)
- The Knot-a-Lot Badge (Macro Mayhem)
- The Sausage Making Badge (Beenedict Arnold)
- The Little Lady Badge (Little Womyn)
- The Ever-Allusive Beekeeping Badge (Hive of Darkness)
- The Democracy Badge (Dogcatcher in the Rye)
- The Monster Squad Badge (Sleepless in San Francisco)
- The E.S.P. Badge (An I See Bee)
- The Sock Hop Badge (Grumpy Old Bees)
- The Junior Police Badge (YiPs)
- The Staying Up til New Years' Eve Badge (Toot Toot)
- The Unicorn Finder Badge (Toot Toot)
- The Stand Up Badge (Bang the Drum Timely)
- The Architecture Badge (One Million Years Bee.C.)
- The Time Traveling Badge (Toot Toot and One Million Years Bee.C.)
- The Toot Toot Badge (Toot Toot)
- Scarlet Badge Of Shame (Stuffed Happens)
- The Basket Weaving Badge (Bee Patients)
Badges mentioned on the show
- The Homebody Badge (Bat Mitzvah Crashers)
- The Kitty Hawk Badge (Penny Hearts Joey)
- The Inline Skating Badge (Grumpy Old Bees)
Badges mentioned in other medias
- The Burp Badge (Kids' Choice Awards 2009)
- "Something's Wrong With This Taffy" reveals the Honeybees have existed since 1937.
- Sissy's troop uses a lobster as its mascot ("Boston Beean").
- It is mentioned in "Toot Toot" that Mrs. Gibbons was a Honeybee in her youth.
- Mona is the earliest known Honeybee, being over 60 years old.