Jessica Gao (pronounced Gow) is an American writer. Growing up as a "superfan" of cartoons, she went to college and studied art.
Years after graduation, she entered the world of screenwriting, working on children's shows. On The Mighty B!, Gao penned thirty-five episodes, writing more episodes than anyone else. She also wrote Mighty B-themed stories for Nickelodeon Magazine.
Since then, Gao has focused on more adult fare such as Silicon Valley and Rick and Morty. Gao is currently working on her own series for ABC, in addition to writing the Disney+ exclusive She-Hulk.
|104b||"Body Rockers"||Written solo|
|108b||"Beenedict Arnold"||Written solo|
|109a||"Boston Beean"||Written solo|
|110a||"Ten Little Honeybees"||Written solo|
|112a||"Apoxalypse Now"||Written solo|
|112b||"Hive Jacked"||Written solo|
|113a||"Something's Wrong With This Taffy"||Co-written with Jessica Chaffin and Cynthia True|
|113b||"Name Shame"||Written solo|
|114b||"To Bee or Not To Bee"||Written solo|
|115b||"Thanksgiving Beenactment"||Co-written with Jessica Chaffin and Cynthia True|
|116a||"Blindsided"||Co-written with Jessica Chaffin and Cynthia True|
|117a||"Ben Appetit"||Co-written with Cynthia True and Jessica Chaffin|
|117b||"Dang it Feels Good to Be a Gamester"||Written solo|
|118b||"O Say Can Bess See"||Written solo|
|119b||"Ben Screams For Ice Cream"||Co-written with Jessica Chaffin and Cynthia True|
|120||"Dragonflies"||Co-written with Jessica Chaffin, Cynthia True and Erik Wiese|
|202b||"Bee Nice"||Written solo|
|204a||"Hairy Situation"||Written solo|
|205a||"Bad to the Bee"||Written solo|
|205b||"Hive of Darkness"||Co-written with Brendan Hay and Cynthia True|
|206b||"A Pirate's Life for B"||Written solo|
|209a||"Finger Pickin' Bad"||Co-written with Cynthia True and Brendan Hay|
|209b||"Higgenbottom's 7"||Written solo|
|210a||"It's B's Party"||Written solo|
|211b||"One Million Years Bee.C."||Co-written with Cynthia True and Brendan Hay|
|212a||"The Bone Identity"||Co-written with Brendan Hay and Cynthia True|
|217a||"Space Evaders"||Co-written with Brendan Hay and Cynthia True|
|218a||"Public Enembee"||Written solo|
|218b||"Bang the Drum Timely"||Written solo|
|219a||"The League of Ordinary Gentlemen"||Written solo|
|219b||"Irritable Bowling Syndrome"||Teleplay, with Brendan Hay|
|220b||"C'mon Get Happy!"||Co-written with Brendan Hay and Cynthia True|
- Costa, Mary Grace (December 3, 2018), How Jessica Gao Went From 'Rick and Morty' to Her Own ABC Series, Character Media, Retrieved July 30, 2019.
- Coppa, Kevin (2009). Interview with Jessica Gao. Kornersphere. Retrieved July 9, 2020.
- Gonstad, Salomé (November 11, 2019). Rick and Morty’s Jessica Gao to Write She-Hulk TV Series. Comic Years. Retrieved May 6, 2020.
- Writer Jessica Gao to Develop Chinese-American Comedy Series for ABC, September 12, 2018, Broadway World, Retrieved July 30, 2019.
- Kit, Borys (November 8, 2019). Marvel's 'She-Hulk' Finds Its Head Writer With 'Rick and Morty' Scribe (Exclusive). The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 9, 2020.