Katie Rice has worked in animation since 2001, primarily as a storyboard artist. She storyboarded five episodes of The Mighty B!, all for season 2. Rice noted that many episodes she boarded on the show "contained a lot of pathos."
She worked on the Disney cartoon The Buzz on Maggie as a designer, later storyboarding episodes of Brandy & Mr. Whiskers and El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera. In 2013, she competed on the reality show Strip Search, where Rice outlasted her fellow contestants (all comics artists) and won.
Rice has worked on the 2014 film The Book of Life in addition to the television series DC Super Hero Girls and Pinky Malinky. As of 2020, she was working as a director for the Animaniacs reboot. That same year, Rice was named one of the "rising stars" in animation by Animation Magazine.
|202a||"Bee Nice"||Co-storyboarded with Eddie Trigueros|
|208b||"Sleepless in San Francisco"||Co-storyboarded with Kirk Hanson and David Gemmill|
|210a||"It's B's Party"||Storyboarded solo|
|214||"O Brother, What Art Thou?"||Co-storyboarded with Kirk Hanson and Frank Molieri|
- Rice, Katie. Resume. Katie Rice's portfolio. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- Rice, Katie. Storyboard. Katie Rice's portfolio. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- Zahed, Ramin (March 20, 2020). Animag’s 2020 Rising Stars of Animation. Animation Magazine. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- Sandall, Simon (December 9, 2005). Katie Rice, animator from Spumco, lists favorite books. Reader's Voice. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- Komorowski, Thad. Sick Little Monkeys: The Unauthorized Ren & Stimpy Story. Page 405. Bear Manor Media.
- ASIFA-Hollywood at San Diego Comic-Con 2018. 2018. ASIFA-Hollywood. Retrieved October 21, 2020.