But you're in the middle of our archery field.
Mildred "Millie" Millerson is the only background Honeybee scout with a prominent part in several episodes. She has a slow way of talking, and loves shiny or reflective objects, such as tinsel or confetti.
She made her first appearance in "Sweet Sixteenth," but did not speak until "Little Womyn." It wasn't until "Ten Little Honeybees" Millie had more than a minor role in an episode, and thereafter was often featured as part of Bessie's friend group.
Millie has a pet turtle named Chester Turtleton, whom she loves dearly. Millie also has a close bond with her grandmother, whom she calls "Nana." She is friendly and shy, but tends to be indifferent or passive about recent happenings and sometimes states the obvious. Millie is voiced by Grey DeLisle.
Millie is quite kind and friendly towards her fellow Honeybees, especially towards Bessie and Penny, but is one of Portia and Gwen's targets; Gwen bullies her in "Ten Little Honeybees," blaming Millie for stealing Portia's locket and calling her an "idiot" for throwing confetti around.
She also has a tendency to be shy, silly and speak in a slow voice, likely because she is autistic. As such, Millie is rather awkward and is often quiet. When she does speak, it is her stating the obvious (i.e., saying Bessie took her taffy in "Something's Wrong With This Taffy") or sharing anecdotes with her fellow Honeybees.
Bessie points out in "Ten Little Honeybees" that Millie loves anything with a reflective surface, namely tinsel and confetti. She was seen taking streamers from Portia's party, and because of this was a suspect when Portia's locket was presumed stolen.
Millie adores her pet turtle, Chester Turtleton, even bringing him to the Recreation Center in "Hat Trick." Later, in "Mr. Turtleton's Wild Ride," she entrusts Chester in Bessie's care while away, but becomes upset when Chester prefers to stay with Bessie instead of her. Millie even writes a song to express how much her turtle means to her. Although she comes to accept that Chester enjoys Bessie's company more than hers, Chester ultimately returns to Millie, much to the latter's happiness.
She and Bessie are shown to be good friends (living across the street from each other), particularly in the second season. Bessie is Millie's best friend, with the two trusting each other. Their close friendship is best illustrated in "Mr. Turtleton's Wild Ride," with Bessie reluctant to keep Chester despite Millie telling her so.
Millie tries to frame Bessie in "Stuffed Happens" after Mr. Evil Pants negatively influenced her and was known as The Ghastly Giraffe (pronounced Grr-affe) but later apologizes to Bessie for her actions, with Bessie forgiving her. Based on this, it can be assumed she is rather fond of giraffes.
She seems to have a very close relationship with her grandmother (Nana, as Millie calls her), with Millie joining her and her grandmother's friends at knitting circles frequently ("To Bee or Not To Bee"). She mentions Nana knitted her Danish vest in "Mr. Turtleton's Wild Ride."
Millie is a light-skinned girl who has long blonde hair, which reaches her shoulders. She has brown eyes, silver braces and a red bow in her hair. Like Bessie, Millie is usually seen wearing her Honeybee uniform, though her skirt is a darker shade of yellow. Lastly, Millie has red socks and black shoes.
- Chester Turtleton
- Her grandmother
- Lola Millerson
- Reflective or shiny objects (including tinsels)
- Dolls (including princesses)
- Taffy (she made her taffy boxes into a castle in Something's Wrong With This Taffy is a good example)
- Bessie Higgenbottom
- Penny Lefkowitz
- Main article: Millie Millerson/Appearances
- Main article: Millie Millerson/Gallery
- Although never stated within the show, crew members confirmed Millie is on the autism spectrum.
- In "Ten Little Honeybees," Millie mentions that she is hypoglycemic.
- On her nightstand, Millie has a picture of herself and grandmother. This was shown in "Something's Wrong With This Taffy."
- She is afraid of clowns, as mentioned by Portia in "Name Shame."
- Is allergic to cows, as stated in "O Say Can Bess See."
- Per "Bee Plus One," Millie likes playing bingo.
- "Mr. Turtleton's Wild Ride" reveals Millie plays checkers in an unusual way, with her and Chester both playing black and insisting the regular way is "opposite side checkers."
- Bessie claims that Millie is a three-time street racing champion ("Higgenbottom's 7").
- Millie is talented at forgery, as when Millie framed Bessie the latter noted Millie's "handwriting" was exactly the same as her own in "Stuffed Happens."
- As revealed in "Irritable Bowling Syndrome," she holds slideshows of her vacations.
- Bessie refers to Millie as Mildred in "Ten Little Honeybees"
- Portia states in "Toot Toot" all members of Troop 828 are 10 years old, except for Bessie.
- Perlmutter, David (May 4, 2018). The Encyclopedia of American Animated Television Shows. Page 391. Rowman & Littlefield. International standard book number 9781538103746.
- Millerson residence, where Millie lives