A quality product never goes out of style.
Miriam Breedlove is the president of the National Honeybees who is voiced by Niecy Nash. Although her appearances in the show tend to be brief, she seems to always have a rather dazzling presence, especially towards Bessie who idolizes her.
She appears twice in the series, namely "Something's Wrong With This Taffy" (where she criticizes the local factory manager for using artificial honey) and more prominently in "To Bee or Not To Bee," when Bessie has brunch with her after winning a contest. Miriam is mentioned in several episodes, including "Little Womyn" and "Blindsided".
As Bessie looks up to her, she strictly follows the Honeybee guidelines Miriam has made. Although Miriam can be annoyed by Bessie just as everyone else, she calms Bessie's nerves in "To Bee or Not To Bee" and whispers in Bessie's ear regarding if becoming The Mighty B! is a genuine possibility.
Miriam is shown to be a level-headed businesswoman, disgusted that the San Francisco branch of the Honeybee Taffy Factory used artificial honey instead of the promised natural. She occasionally speaks in rhyme, examples being "Go ahead, Fred" and "Sorry hon, I gotta run!"
Although a little annoyed that Bessie sent her constant messages about the local factory having odd-tasting honey (including a signal fire), she rewards Bessie by making her the Honeybee Taffy Factory's newest inspector.
During she and Bessie's brunch, Miriam remains calm and helps Bessie relax her nerves by offering cake and making a proposition when Bessie runs out of time.
When Bessie asks about the Mighty B, Miriam proceeds to tell her all that she knows (which is not heard by the audience, due to several catastrophes occurring at the restaurant). She appears to be a very busy woman, as she had to leave seconds after brunch ended.
Miriam is an African-American woman who has black hair, with purple hue. She wears a golden Honeybee cap, purple eye shadow, red lipstick, a yellow jacket, brown belt, blue pants and black high heels. Additionally, Miriam has brown eyes.
|107b||"Little Womyn"||Mentioned only|
|113a||"Something's Wrong With This Taffy"||Speaking role|
|114b||"To Bee or Not to Bee"||Speaking role|
|202b||"Bee Nice"||Mentioned only|
|203b||"Tour D'Alcatraz"||Mentioned only|
- Main article: Miriam Breedlove/Gallery
- "Little Womyn" shows she has written passages for the Honeybee Handbook.
- Miriam states in "To Bee or Not To Bee" that cake always helps calm her when she's anxious.
- A documentary was made of her, titled From Honeycomb to Hive: The Miriam Breedlove Story ("Blindsided").
- Owns a log cabin that is often used for Honeybee field trips, per "Bee Nice."
- Miriam is the only character who is mentioned more than actually seen.
- Although some sources state she founded the Honeybees, this is not possible as in "Something's Wrong With This Taffy" it is mentioned the organization has existed since 1937 and Miriam is much too young to have been its founder.
- Moody, Annemarie (November 3, 2008). Nickelodeon's Thanksgiving Menu Offers Non-Stop Animation. Animation World Network. Retrieved May 3, 2020.
- Perlmutter, David (May 4, 2018). The Encyclopedia of American Animated Television Shows. Page 391. Rowman & Littlefield. International standard book number 9781538103746.
- Sankowski, Jennifer (November 29, 2008). Tonight's TV Hot List: Saturday, Nov. 29, 2008. TV Guide. Retrieved October 14, 2020.