|Penny Hearts Joey||Gallery||Transcript|
While on a Honeybee Scout trip to the suburbs at Jump'n Joey's, Penny falls in love with Joey, the animatronic talking, singing kangaroo after singing "Jumpin' Joey", specifically the lyric "I think that you're a real beaut."
After Joey breaks down, Bessie plays a small joke on Penny by pretending to be Joey, using him as a puppet and saying he doesn't have any friends.
Since Penny believes that Joey himself is saying this, she decides to take him home with her and ends up spending a lot of her time with him, to the point Bessie feels left out.
The town panics and wonders where Joey went to, especially after his disappearance is reported by Chai Gallagher. After Penny still refuses to return Joey to the restaurant, Bessie feels obligated to call the Kanga Tipline and tell them she knows; however, she is reluctant to do so due to her loyalty to Penny.
Meanwhile, Joey repeats a line about being crazy for Pizza Padoodles, and Penny starts getting frustrated with him. She thinks he misses the restaurant, and apologizes to Bessie.
Now having made up, the two venture off into the suburbs alongside The Hippie, wanting to return Joey to his proper place. After the Hippie drops Joey off at the zoo, Bessie and Penny tell him Joey isn't real and take the Zoo View hot air balloon to get to Jump'n Joey's.
After they return him, Bessie gives Penny and Joey time to bid their farewells. A crying Penny says goodbye and tells him that she had the best time of her life with him, and finishes off with "I'll never forget you Joey!" Joey surprisingly responds back, "Me too Penny; it was the best time of me life."
|Grey DeLisle||Portia & Chai Gallagher|
|Sarah Thyre||Mary Frances Gibbons|
|Matt Besser||The Hippie & Anton St. Germain|
|Dee Bradley Baker||Petey|
- The film Joey and Penny watch at the movie theater is called The Big Show.
- Bessie states there is no Jump'n Joey's in San Francisco; later, Chai Gallagher claims it is a chain of restaurants, implying there are others in the world.
- This is the first instance in the series where the fictional board game Pineapple is shown; it would appear more often in the second season.
- According to Bessie, there are both "old rules" and "new rules" in the game.
- The Hippie owns a purple motorcycle.
- Bessie earned the "Kitty Hop" badge last summer.
- This episode aired as part of Maximum Higgenbottom Week! when it premiered.
- The last time this episode (along with "Boston Beean") aired on Nicktoons was February 14, 2016.
- Jump'n Joey's is a clear reference to Chuck E. Cheese's.
- This episode's production code is 111A.
- Penny's voice actress, Dannah Feinglass, wrote the teleplay for this episode.
- APM/SpongeBob music: When Bessie is on the Zoo View balloon, music from SpongeBob episode title cards Arrgh and Shanghaied "A Pirate's Life For Me" plays in the background.
- Although the Truck Driver is listed in the credits, he does not appear in this episode, indicating his scene was cut.
- Anton isn't credited despite speaking.
- Nicktoons Network TV Listings, TV Shows and Schedule - Zap2it. February 14, 2016. TV Listings. Retrieved December 23, 2020. Archived via the Wayback Machine.
- Wray, William (August 17, 2008). The B is Green!. Mad About Cartoons (BlogSpot.com). Retrieved August 31, 2021.