- Okay, I'm the prettiest so I'll go first.
- --Portia about to tell a campfire story, "Bee Afraid"
Portia Gibbons is the main antagonist and the "pretty and posh" member of Troop 828. A Valley girl, Portia is selfish, spoiled, arrogant and cares little for other people. She frequently bullies and antagonizes Bessie, calling her hurtful names like "Messie Stinkenbottom." She is usually seen with Gwen.
Portia is very pampered and rarely does simple tasks on her own. Her interests are often shallow, enjoying cosmetics and famous people. Bessie is typically unaware of Portia's dislike of her, believing they are close friends.
Although she does not wear the standard uniform of the Honeybees, she partakes in the regular scout activities provided from her mother, Mary Frances Gibbons (the Honeybee troop leader). Her voice is provided by Grey DeLisle.
Portia is Bessie Higgenbottom's rival throughout the series, who often pulls pranks and jokes towards her and other forms of torture and embarrassment on her for many reasons, mostly just for kicks, and mainly calls her "Messie".
Along with Gwen Wu (Her right-hand assistant and friend), Portia will stop at nothing to prevent Bessie from achieving her goal of becoming "The Mighty Bee". In the episode "Ten Little Honeybees", Portia had her brothers trick Bessie in some way involving a door. In "Bee Afraid", when Portia tells a scary story, Bessie screams and runs away.
Portia is often seen carrying a mean, snooty and domineering attitude, especially towards Bessie, constantly harboring a grudge towards her for presumably always being better than her at most things and gets very jealous at her for doing things she doesn't get the chance to.
In "Super Secret Weakness" Portia (along with Gwen and Penny) starts playing with Bessie and her fear of Zucchinis after she saw her protesting about them on TV. Other times she messes with Bessie out of pettiness, such as taking Happy in "Beenedict Arnold" solely to mess with Bessie's mind. She lives in a normal-sized house and is not rich, but believes herself to be and fully expects to be treated like a celebrity.
Used to getting her way, Portia does not accept being told "no" (which everyone, except for Bessie, pretty much goes along with). Portia is very conceited and gets extremely upset when she gets dirty or gets a pimple on her face or when her overall appearance in general gets tarnished.
Very materialistic, she loves makeup (hoping to release her own lip gloss line in "Toot Toot"), celebrities, anything spa-related, and is obsessed with gelato (believing regular ice cream is "for babies") and sushi. She is also incredibly lazy, being very reluctant to do actual work and often complains about it and gets others to do the job for her, because she believes she has better things to think about, such as moisturizing.
Portia is usually outspoken and doesn't take any nonsense to those who talk back towards her. However, in "Bat Mitzvah Crashers". A more vulnerable side of her is shown when her cousin Chelsea is in town and commands Portia to make sure her Bat Mitzvah is absolutely perfect. Portia cowardly (and shakily) does as asked.
Later on she is seen having her feelings hurt when Chelsea cold heartedly admonished her for sitting at the head table when she wasn't allowed to sit there because she wasn't "head table material", Portia apologizes for this, and then is told by Chelsea that she was no longer her cousin anymore, making her cry.
She displays a more friendlier side to Bessie and Penny when she helps them escape Chelsea's Bat Mitzvah, she later overcomes her fear of her cousin when she tells her her hair is freezing when she gets run over by a giant snowball made by Ben.
Portia is a ten-year old girl. She has fair skin, short blonde hair which wore in a ponytail, dark seafoam green eyes, and three-bucked teeth. She wears a white long sleeved shirt with the collar worn flipped up, a light blue sash with three badges on it (though these badges aren't present in most episodes) and a skirt the same color as her sash, high-knee socks with three blue stripes at the top, and brown mary janes.
On her ten and a half birthday, she wears a light blue dress with squares on it, a dark blue ribbon-like belt, and black mary janes. While swimming, she wears a white bikini with a light blue stripe on it.
In Season 2, her eyes are now neon blue.
- Rocky Rhodes (love interest)
- Exfoliating before Tanning
- Gwen Wu
- Bessie Higgenbottom (most times)
- Penny Lefkowitz
- Mary Frances Gibbons
- Chelsea Gibbons
- Bessie failing
- Bossing Ben around
- Messing with Bessie
- Looking "fabulous"
- Sissy Sullivan
- Bessie Higgenbottom (most times)
- Millie Millerson
- Ben Higgenbottom
- Richard and Dick Gibbons
- Happy Higgenbottom
- Hilary Higgenbottom
- The Beavers
- The Dragonflies
- Working hard
- Gross stuff
- Getting busted
- Main article: Portia Gibbons/Gallery
- She used to have a pet dog named Precious who's really a rat even though Precious is only seen in the pilot episode.
- Portia seems to know Cherry even though none of the other Honeybees do.
- She tans her skin, using a bottle of "EZ Tan" in "Body Rockers" and mentioning it as one of her pastimes in "Little Womyn."
- Portia and the rest of her family are Jewish, as revealed in "Bat Mitzvah Crashers."
- She has a crush on Rocky in "We Got the Bee," though this is not shown in any other episode.
- In the aforementioned episode, it's revealed Portia is lead singer for The Pretty Pretty Princesses.
- Revealed in "Name Shame" that she uses hair extensions.
- Several news outlets have made comparisons between her and Paris Hilton.
- Early on in the show's production, co-creator Erik Wiese and character designer Chris Battle considered making Portia Asian before abandoning the redesign.
- Portia's opening quote on the now defunct website for the show was "Try not to be so jealous of me."
- Portia's profile on the Nicktoons website mentions she has visited Alcatraz.
- ↑ "Woodward and Beesting" marks the first time when Portia is referred to by her full name.
- ↑ Hinckley, David (April 23, 2008). New Poehler expedition: 'Mighty B' is a real honey. New York Daily News. Retrieved June 27, 2020.
- ↑ Bynum, Aaron H. (April 8, 2008). The Mighty B!. Animation Insider. Retrieved May 16, 2020. Archived via the Wayback Machine.
- ↑ Perlmutter, David (May 4, 2018). The Encyclopedia of American Animated Television Shows. Page 391. Rowman & Littlefield. International standard book number 9781538103746.
- ↑ Perlmutter, David (March 13, 2014). America Toons In: A History of Television Animation. Page 328. McFarland & Company. International standard book number 9781476614885.
- ↑ Rizzo, Francis (March 7, 2009). The Mighty B!: We Got the Bee. DVD Talk. Retrieved July 10, 2020.
- ↑ Frey, Jennifer (April 26, 2008). 'Mighty B!': A Very Animated Heroine. The Washington Post. Retrieved July 7, 2020.
- ↑ Moody, Annemarie (February 23, 2009). Akira, Samurai 7 on Blu-ray, Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder & The Mighty B. Animation World Network. Retrieved May 19, 2020.
- ↑ Stewart, Susan (April 25, 2008). Animated Look at the Virtue of Keeping on Keeping On. The New York Times. Retrieved May 13, 2020.
- ↑ Peterson, Karla (November 30, 2008). The mouth that soared. The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved May 13, 2020. Quote: "and slack-jawed Paris Hilton wannabe Portia in 'The Mighty B!'"
- ↑ Battle, Chris (August 7, 2008). "BEE" Bits: Cutting Room Floor. Chris Battle Illustration (BlogSpot.com). Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- Portia's profile on Nicktoons.com, archived via the Wayback Machine
|The Mighty B! Characters|
|Main||Bessie Higgenbottom • Benjamin Higgenbottom • Finger • Gwen Wu • Happy Higgenbottom • Penny Lefkowitz • Portia Gibbons|
|Secondary||Hilary Higgenbottom • The Hippie • Mary Frances Gibbons • Mr. Wu • Rocky Rhodes|
|Minor||Anton St. Germain • Chai Gallagher • Chelsea Gibbons • Chester Turtleton • Doctor/Vet • Donald • Fritz • Integritone 2 • Hal • K.G. Bianca • Lola Millerson • Millie Millerson • Miriam Breedlove • Mr. Lefkowitz • Mr. Pants • Rainbow • Richard and Dick Gibbons • Ronnie • Tate|
|One-shots||Bug • Emily • Finguere • Harris Daye • Integritone 1 • Maude • Mona • Morly Roober • Mr Griff • Murdock • Norman Morrison • Precious Gibbons • Roxxy • Sissy Sullivan|
|Groups||Honeybee Scouts • The Beavers • The Dragonflies • Gwen's Brothers • The Integritones • The Pretty Pretty Princesses • Sugar Boys|
|Background Honeybees||Jean Parklands • Marie G. Malarkey • Molly O'Connell • Nisa • Satha Thomas • Tigerlily Roberts|