|Portrait of a Happy||Gallery||Transcript|
Bessie, who is amazed by Portia and Mrs. Gibbons pictures begins by staring in amazement. Portia tells Bessie they were taken by a photographer named Fritz, kicking Bessie out and telling her where to go to get to Fritz's.
Bessie wants him to take a photo of her and Happy. Fritz refuses to take a picture of a dog, and he quits his business.
Bessie does everything she can to show Fritz how good and amazing Happy is, these attempts include: having Happy be near him at a swimming pool, at the park, the movies and on the docks.
Eventually, Fritz shouts "Nein" at Bessie, causing Bessie to go home and bawling her eyes out in utter defeat. She is unable to move on, crying for what seems to be days on end.
Feeling sorry for Bessie, Happy confronts Fritz who accidentally takes a bunch of pictures of a crazed Happy. Fritz soon afterward returns to Bessie, who is still crying, telling her how he was convinced about how unique the photos he took of Happy really were.
Now realizing Happy's "true inspiration", he apologizes to Bessie and wishes to have her sign a form to grant permission to sell the photos. Bessie agrees to let Fritz sell Happy's pictures on one condition: that Bessie gets the photo she always wanted of her and Happy. Fritz is happy to oblige.
|Amy Poehler||Bessie, Girl & Art Dealer #2|
|Dee Bradley Baker||Happy, Fritz & Art Dealer #3|
|Grey DeLisle||Portia & Art Dealer #1|
- One of Fritz's favorite subjects appears to be the Hobo clown (from "Toot Toot"), having taken a picture of him and painting a portrait.
- Fritz states it costs $90.95 for him to take a picture.
- Fritz went to art school for 12 years, and considered being a travel agent.
- Happy's rarely seen dog tag is shown in this episode, having a golden color.
- Premiered as part of Mightiest Mighty B! Week Ever.
- A dog Fritz photographed bears a resemblance to Hong Kong Phooey.
- In the scene shortly after Fritz shouts "Nein!" to Bessie, the characters from Madeline are shown as background characters to the left of Bessie.
- When Fritz is taking photos of himself in his studio, he mentions the surnames of famous artists; one was Andy Warhol.
- Bessie's voice cracking from "Hen and Bappy" is reused when she sees Fritz for the first time.
- The Mighty B!. Nickandmore. Retrieved September 11, 2021.