Seonna Hong (born 1973) has worked as an artist for over twenty years, both in the animation industry and fine art world.
On The Mighty B!, she served as the series art director and painted backgrounds as well.
Hong graduated from California State University, Long Beach. She worked for a time as a teacher.
In 1999, Hong began her career in animation as a background painter, working on several cartoons: Teacher's Pet, Mission Hill, ChalkZone, My Life as a Teenage Robot and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.
Outside of animation, Hong is a landscape painter and fine artist, focusing on the subject of surrealism. She has exhibited her artwork at several solo shows, and the paintings are often collected by fans of her work.
Her former husband is fellow artist Tim Biskup.
Art director credits
Hong was art director for every episode of the show, thus a list is not needed.
|2002||The Powerpuff Girls Movie||background painter|
|2004||Teacher's Pet||lead key background stylist|
|2013||Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2||visual development artist|
|2015||Hotel Transylvania 2||visual development|
|2017||The Emoji Movie||visual development artist|
|2018||Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation||visual development|
|2018||Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse||visual development|
- For her art direction on the series, Hong received an Annie Award nomination.
- Krysa, Danielle (October 2, 2018). A Big Important Art Book (Now with Women): Profiles of Unstoppable Female Artists--and Projects to Help You Become One. Running Press. International standard book number 9780762463800.
- Orzeck, Kurt (September 15, 2016). Worlds Without End: The Art of Seonna Hong. Flood Magazine. Retrieved April 29, 2021.
- Seonna Hong "Persistence of Vision" @ LeBasse Projects, LA. October 18, 2012. Juxtapoz Magazine. Retrieved April 29, 2021.
- 36th Annie Awards. ASIFA-Hollywood. Retrieved May 19, 2022.