|We Got the Bee||Gallery||Transcript|
- For the DVD, see We Got the Bee.
The girls tell Bessie they're practicing for the San Francisco Summer Concert Series. Having loved the band's song, she auditions several times to join the band, to no avail.
Although Bessie has difficulty with the instrument at first, she becomes quite talented by the time Rocky shows his bandmates, Integritone 1 and Integritone 2. The first one feels Bessie is too young to be part of the band, but Rocky convinces him to change his mind.
However, Bessie begins to get on the guys' nerves, such as waking them up early in the morning, constantly suggesting to incorporate unicorns in their song lyrics and even paints their van with a pink unicorn motif. With Rocky's bandmates fed up, Rocky promises in a sad voice that Bessie will be out of the band later tonight when they play at the Concert Series.
The Pretty Pretty Princesses and The Integritones meet each other, as the latter performs after the Princesses. However, Penny is nervous due to the large audience, and faints from stage fright. Bessie tells the guys she needs to help Portia and quits the band. Integritone 1 laments she was the longest lasting drummer they had.
With Bessie playing the drums alongside Portia singing and Gwen playing the guitar, Running with the Rainbow Unicorn is a hit, with even Rocky and his friends jamming out to the song. Bessie tells San Francisco thank you and good night as the episode ends.
|Dee Bradley Baker||Happy & Integritone 1|
|John Ross Bowie||Integritone 2|
|Grey DeLisle||Portia & Stage Manager|
- Episode takes place during the summer, hence the San Francisco Summer Concert Series.
- Ben's formal first name, Benjamin, is revealed in this episode.
- First appearance of Ben's bedroom. Ben has Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants stickers in his bedroom.
- Bessie wakes up at 6 AM every morning to do hand calisthenics with Finger.
- This episode had a DVD release called We Got The Bee!, featuring other season 1 episodes as well.
- The title is a reference to the rock song "We Got the Beat!" by The Go-Go's; like the Pretty Pretty Princesses, the Go-Go's are a girl group.
- When Bessie is drumming vigorously, she mentions famous drummer and singer Phil Collins.
- While Bessie and Rocky are at the music store, several albums are listed behind them. While most are fictitious, one is named "Ant Music;" this is a real song by rock band Adam and the Ants, released as "Antmusic."
- Additionally, Rocky gives Bessie an album called "Velour Underground" to listen to. This references rock band The Velvet Underground.
- The song "Running with the Rainbow Unicorn" has similar musical composition to The Cure song "Just Like Heaven," released in 1987.
- Along with its sister episode, "We Got the Bee" was viewed by 4.7 million people upon its premiere.
- First episode storyboarded by Fred Gonzales.
- Sarah Thyre is credited for voicing Mrs. Gibbons, in spite of the fact she had no lines in this episode. Whether this is indicative of a deleted scene or a mistake is not clear.